Resource Soil Specialist (Level 4)
Perform technical work in support of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP), and Conservation Technical Assistance (CTA).
- Provide technical assistance to other specialists in the use of soil survey information.
- Serve as an expert technical advisor and consultant on technical soil services matters related to the State.
- Make presentations to groups of customers on the use of soil information and interpretations.
- Provide clear and concise information to State and local government representatives, regional and community planners, and the general public.
- 55 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) related to developing and presenting conservation plans or providing technical assistance to landowners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Obtain a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle in order to complete field visits
- Subject to mandatory USDA Computer Security and Privacy Training