Conservation Planner, Level 3
Schedule: 15 hrs/week
Location: Clinton, OK
Assist the Cordell Field Office Staff in supporting the delivery of Farm Bill programs. Technical work will be performed in support of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Conservation Stewardship Program (CStP).
- Obtain Affiliate Field User permissions in ProTracts. Add applications, develop and manage contracts, certify practices with appropriate authorization, calculate payments, and evaluate and rank application
- Conduct field visits to meet with producers to determine conservation needs and assist with conservation plan development
- Use a Global Positioning System (GPS) and/or measuring wheel to estimate planned practices and make a final measure of completed practices
- Generate payment Forms from Protracts for payments and make phone calls to producers to schedule time to sign documents, prepare forms for District Conservationist approval
- 55 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Agronomy or related field of study or have at least 10 years of experience as Soil Conservation Technician
- Knowledge of soils, natural resources, and engineering conservation practice design and certification
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Windows
- Need valid driver’s license to travel to producers’ properties to survey, design, and certify practices
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate.