Engineer, Level 3
Schedule: 15 hrs/week
Location: Woodward, OK
Assist the Woodward Technical Service Office Staff in supporting the delivery of Farm Bill programs. Technical work will be performed in support of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Conservation Stewardship Program (CStP). ACES enrollee will assist staff in completing layout, design, and checkout of engineering practices related to conservation programs. Enrollee may also assist with other conservation planning responsibilities, as needed.
- Make approximately 10-50 field visits to meet with producers to determine conservation needs and assist with conservation practice development
- Design approximately 25-75 proposed projects using appropriate eFOTG Practice Standards and Specifications
- Uses a Global Positioning System (GPS), engineering level and/or measuring wheel to estimate 25-75 planned practices and make a final measure of completed practices
- Conduct site inspections of 25-75 projects to assure that practices being installed meet technical agency specifications
- 55 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Agronomy or related field or have at least 10 years of experience as Soil Conservation Technician
- Knowledge of soils, natural resources, and engineering conservation practice design and certification
- Experience in engineering conservation practice design and certification
- Need valid driver’s license to travel to producers’ properties to survey, design, and certify practices
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate.