Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Level 4)
Under the direction of a monitor, the SEE enrollee will provide assistance with the cleaning of air canisters used for air sampling and tracking their cleaning status in the R5 Lab database for these canisters. The SEE enrollee will follow complex written instructions (lab SOPs) that must be followed exactly to produce data that is of appropriate quality as determined by the laboratory Quality Assurance Coordinator. The SEE enrollee performs the analysis of blank samples from cleaned canisters following the CRL SOPs.
- Performs air canister cleaning. (50%)
- Performs analysis of cleaned air canisters to verify their cleanliness. (20%)
- Enters cleanliness information into the air canister tracking database. (10%)
- Prepares clean canisters for shipment to the field for sampling. (10%)
- Assists with the tracking of drinking water performance test results in the Region 5 PT database. (5%)
- Other laboratory operation related assignments from the task monitor and the alternate monitor. (5%)
- 55 years of age or older
- College Degree (BS/BA).
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in chemistry or laboratories
- Previous training in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat. Familiarization with technical database.
- Ability to work independently.