Environmental Protection Specialist – Level 4
Region V, Superfund Division
Under the direction of a monitor, the Enrollee is responsible for reviewing and mailing Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests, entering and retrieving related information into and from databases, referring requests to appropriate individuals, and updating the soon due list. The Enrollee is responsible for exercising independent judgment in caring out the assigned duties.
- Prepare response to FOIA request. This includes speaking with the requestors, making file folders, coordinating information with people inside and outside of the agency and responding to questions. Also, be responsible for inputting information into FOIAONLINE.
- Maintains a mail tracking log for ESS#3
- Checks and reviews Freedom of Information Number (FOIA), name, address, and other data for accuracy, and appropriateness before taking the letter down for signature; updates soon due list
- MUST BE AT LEAST 55 YEAR OF AGE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF PL98-313
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Arts. In lieu of college degree 10 years of office administrative experience is acceptable which will consider as Level III $11.00
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, and precedents
- Excellent proofreading and analytical skills in order to make judgments to determine the significance of FOIA requests
- Computer literate; Window 7 operating system and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access);Internet search experience
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and deal effectively in team interactions
- A general knowledge of environmental rules and regulations, particularly the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Acts (SARA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Freedom of Information Act, and the Privacy Act, is desirable.
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate