Oil Program Engineer/Scientist (Level 4)
Under the direction of the monitor, the enrollee conducts inspections under Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Regulations, prepares correspondence with facilities, and supports enforcement case development.
- Conducts inspections of facilities under 40 CFR 112 (SPCC regulations) including multi-media sites. (35%)
- Writes Inspection Report and/or compile inspection data. (35%)
- Provides compliance assistance to public. (10%)
- Assists CEPPS Oil Team staff, maintain databases and outreach projects. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (10%)
- Expected travel up to 10 days/month
- 55 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineer, Material Science, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Occupational Safety and Health or comparable course of study.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- Have a general knowledge of environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to evaluate pertinent facts and evidence and communication information effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of computer system databases such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and able to use a fax, copy, and scanner machine.
- Observational report writing experience (writing samples shall be provided at interview)
- Metal tank inspection/safety maintenance; Pipeline inspection/safety/maintenance; Fuel/Petrochemical industry experience; P.E. License (desired, but not required)
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate.