Scientist (Level 4)
Curates chemical structures for the DSSTox Database Project within NCCT, have responsibilities for quality review and entry of chemical structures and associated chemical substance IDs and descriptive information for hundreds to thousands of high priority chemicals associated with EPA’s computational toxicology research programs.
- Review source information and register new chemical substances with correct structures into the DSSTox chemical database using provided software tools. (80%)
- Correct and document chemical record changes, store printouts. (10%)
- Consult with PI and chemistry team to resolve difficult issues with a chemical representation in the database. (10%)
- 55 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Chemistry
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in Chemical library management, chemistry
- Previous training in use of chemical structure drawing tools
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Chemical Drawing Programs such as ACD Labs and/or Marvin
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate.