Working Together to Make a Difference
Private and public community partnerships are the foundation of allowing us to effectively serve the aging AAPI population. Since our inception, NAPCA has worked with dozens of organizations to meet our mission and we’re grateful to each of them!
Through a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, we’ve partnered with the following agencies to provide employment and assistance training to mature workers:
- ACC Senior Services
- Asian American Senior Citizens Service Center
- Chinese American Service League
- Chinese Community Center of Houston
- Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center
- Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York
- National Able Network
- Philip Jaisohn Memorial Center
- Self-Help for the Elderly
- SER – Jobs for Progress
- Employment and Human Services, Contra Costa County
In partnership with with the National Alzheimer’s Association, we are providing technical assistance to aging professionals with the development of an AAPI Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia toolkit.
Thanks to the Robert Chinn Foundation, together with the National Center on Elder Abuse, we will develop culturally and linguistically appropriate educational materials to prevent psychological abuse and neglect in Chinese, Samoan, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean and Tagalog populations, and provide technical assistance to professionals.
With general support from the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, we continue to meet our mission of preserving and promoting the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of AAPIs as they age.
As a member of the Diverse Elders Coalition, we are strengthening policies and programs to enhance the health and well-being of diverse elders, educating and connecting diverse older adults and their loved ones to key policy debates on aging, and increasing public support for issues that affect our communities.
A very special thank you to the many organizations who have partnered with us on past initiatives:
- Anheuser Busch
- Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services
- Chinatown Service Center
- Chinese Information Service Center
- Eli Lilly
- Filipino American Service Group, Inc.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Freddie Mac
- Korean Community Services of Washington DC
- Korean Women’s Association
- Pacific Gateway Center
- Project Dana
- Samoan Federation of American, Inc.
- Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- United Cambodian Community
- United Methodist Women
- University of Washington Healthy Brain Research Network
- Walmart Foundation
- Washington State Department of Health