Effective/Updated as of November 3, 2020.
Introduction. The National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (“NAPCA”) endeavors to maintain the privacy of our website visitors and donors and uphold the confidentiality of the personal information we collect through this website (“Site”). Our goal is to inform and educate the public about our programs which are available to all elders but target the needs of AAPI elders.
Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above.
You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date means that the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
Information We Collect. We may collect your personal information to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with laws and for other purposes described in this Policy.
When you contact us, request information, sign up for a newsletter, register for an event, complete a survey or join our affiliate list, we may collect:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Organization name
When you make a donation, we may collect:
- Contact information
- Payment and billing information
- Your organization’s name and relevant business information
- Account information including username, password, profile information
- Information about the donation (e.g., charity donating, person in whose memory donating)
When you register to vote or request an absentee ballot, we may collect:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mobile number
When you upload documents or complete forms on the Site, we may collect the information contained in those documents/forms.
You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
Information from Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties such as your social media services consistent with your settings on such services or from other third-party sources lawfully entitled to share your data with us, including from publicly available and third-party databases or services that we believe will help us provide information and services of interest to you. We may use and share this information (and may add it to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Policy.
Statistical Data. We may compile statistical information using analytics services, such as those provided by Google Analytics, to monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality. Examples of this information would include: number of visitors to the Site or pages within the Site; patterns of traffic flowing through the Site; length of time spent on the Site; pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points; browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site; methods used to browse away from the page; and how the visitor got to the Site. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system and platform
- Your browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Data provider
- Search terms you used in search engines that resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third-party processes data on behalf of that service.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Social Media Plugins.
YOU MAY CONTROL COOKIES, INCLUDING PREVENTING OR STOPPING THE INSTALLATION AND STORAGE OF COOKIES, THROUGH YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS AND OTHER TOOLS. IF YOU DO SO, OUR SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY. PLEASE REFER TO THE HELP FEATURE OF YOUR BROWSER FOR INFORMATION ON DISABLING COOKIES.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Use Your Personal Information. In general, we will use the personal information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To enable your use of the Site and ensure content is presented effectively to you and your device.
- To provide you with the information and services you request.
- To process your donations, administer our donor program, and add to our newsletter mailing list.
- To communicate with you, including sending messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- To facilitate any job application you make to us. Please note that our collection and processing of your resume or related information is not an employment offer or contract between us and will not create any relationship between you and us.
- For our research and development efforts. We may use data, including public feedback, testimonials, and survey information, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services we provide.
- For other everyday business purposes such as financial account management, contract management, IT and website administration and security, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about opportunities, events or services we offer. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means.
- For our marketing and advertising.
- For legal compliance, law enforcement and public safety purposes.
- To develop our affiliate network.
- To develop a NAPCA newsletter mailing list and send newsletters.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers for their advertising.
Disclosure of Information. In general, we will not disclose your personal information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
Third Party Vendors. We may need to share or disclose this information with a third-party vendor as follows:
- With your consent or as you direct.
- To manage, improve and optimize our Site.
- For the performance of obligations arising from any contract we enter into with you.
- To process donations and administer the donor program.
- To process requests for information, newsletter subscriptions, and services. To register for events.
- To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal information with our partners to deliver advertisements.
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics).
- To protect our interests and legal rights, and protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), claims, and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
- Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. We may need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Additional disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Demonstrate our relationship with you.
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site.
- Protect against or investigate fraud.
- Investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- Protect the rights and safety of others.
- Change in Control or Sale. We may share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisition, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of NAPCA’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
- Public Recognition. NAPCA may publicly recognize a donor’s name unless explicitly requested by the donor to remain anonymous when making a donation.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
Safeguarding of Information. We take a number of steps to safeguard the security of personal information collected through the Site. This includes restricting access to your personal information to those employees based on a need to know for performance of their job and training employees on data privacy and security awareness. However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and although we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. Our Site is configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer.
We track Site users over time and across third party websites.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
You may unsubscribe from any of our newsletters or communications for which you have registered, as well as opt out of receiving any future marketing, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email received. Any communication without an unsubscribe option may be replied to with a request to terminate communication.
If you opt out of receiving communications from us, you will not receive notice of our services, events, or opportunities.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites and Third-Party Integrations. We may provide links to websites or resources outside our Site for your informational purposes only. We may also provide links to third party integrations. Third party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Site to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services such as accepting donations or job applications, sending newsletters, or providing translations.
You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of third party sites, resources, or integrations and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites, resources, or integrations. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of personal information that you provide, or is collected by, such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children. The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from children. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s personal information from our systems. You may also use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
California Residents. If you are a California resident, please read the following:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by NAPCA to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or your privacy, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or National Asian Pacific Center on Aging, 1511 Third Ave., # 914, Seattle, WA 98101.