Region 5 EOC Operations and Development Specialist / Level 4
U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region V
Superfund Division / Emergency Response Branch
77 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604
NAPCA is looking for a senior 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program, for the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The enrollee will work under the direction of the EPA monitors to serve as Regional Response Centers Operator and low code software developer who will provide software and technical support to Emergency Response staff.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 55 YEARS OF AGE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF PL98-313, and must be a US citizen.
- Have a college degree with a minimum five years of related experience in computer or related field.
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Access, Word, Word Perfect, Excel, SharePoint and Power Point.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides database management support for emergency response programs and support programs. Databases include but are not limited to WebEOC, Field Readiness Portal, and Fleet commander.
- Responsible for developing, testing, and supporting tools that automate the processes used in emergency response, using the following low-code platforms and analysis tools:
- Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI
- Qlik Sense
- ESRI Insights
- Manages, operates and tests the technical communications, computer, and audio-visual equipment in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) of the Region 5 EPA office in Chicago on a regular basis.
- Provides technical assistance to the Region 5 Response Support Corp (RSC) Manager to update and maintain the RSC database. Provides routine and special data pulls as requested and assists with developments and tracking of RSC personnel during emergency activations.
- $14.00 per hour, 40 hours per week, free medical insurance and self-paid dental and vision.
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 10 national holidays, plus other benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Michelle Kuo SEE Program, Project Director; email@example.com
*** This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate ***