Region V – South East Michigan
Under the direction of EPA monitor, the SEE enrollee serves as a primary Region 5 representative in gathering inventory and conducting inspections for Class V UIC in South East Michigan. This function involves coordination with state, local governments and tribes.
- Research and locate Class V wells and conducts Class V inspections including well closures as necessary.
- Assist state, local government and tribes in general implementation of the Underground Injection Control program including well closures as necessary.
- Provide outreach and training to state, local governments, tribes and general public and Researches answers to environmental problems.
- Complete detailed reports on monthly work activities for EPA monitor.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 55 YEARS OF AGE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF PL98-313.
- College Degree in one of the following fields: geology, engineering, hydrology, soils, physical sciences, or other related fields which provide expertise to understand ground water related issues (Level IV). In lieu of college degree, 5 years of life experience provide the expertise in groundwater related fields will be acceptable (Level III).
- Professional Engineer License or license as a drinking water/waste water operator is a plus.
- Knowledge of ground water. Drinking water, and/or wastewater system is a plus.
- Experience working with state, local governments or tribes.
- Skill in operating a global positioning system (GPS) unit desirable but not required. (Such training will be provided).
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft applications (ex., MS word and excel).
- Ability to use his/her own vehicle with mileage reimbursement. Valid driver’s license and insurance coverage is essential to this position.
- Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours, on occasion.
- Must work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in conducting inspections is a plus.
Employment Status: Full-Time or Part-Time work schedule
Benefits: Free Health Insurance if employee works at least 30 hours, Self-paid dental and vision, 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 10 Federal Holidays, and other benefits.
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate