National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA) is a nonprofit whose mission is to preserve and promote the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) as they age. Our administrative office is located in downtown Seattle.
We’re seeking a dedicated part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant is a non-exempt, temporary (4-month), part-time (20 hours/week) position that works remotely but is required to work on-site minimally one day/week.
Working under the director of the Executive Assistant/Administrative Manager, the Administrative Intern provides administrative support, which includes maintaining databases, researching data and compiling reports, updating website and social media content, creating and editing publications, assisting with event planning projects, and other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
Research and social media updates
- Identify stories about AAPI aging issues in the regions where NAPCA provides services
- Submit stories for consideration as potential content for website or other social media
- Post approved stories to designated social media: website, Facebook, Twitter and/or YouTube
- Update social media with fresh content 2-3 times per week
- Produce monthly blog posts for the Diverse Elders Coalition
Event planning and publications
- Create and edit invitations, flyers and agendas, and distribute for events
- Receive registrations and track in database
- Research ideas for lunch and refreshments, and place orders
- Print, copy, collate and prepare materials (agendas, name cards, signage, etc.)
- Prepare shipments and mailings
Advocacy and Civic Engagement
- Provide necessary support for active civic engagement campaigns including legislative and issue research, drafting response letters and providing resource materials for NAPCA community partners
- Attend and support NAPCA program and partner events in Seattle as needed
Database creation and maintenance
- Create databases using MS Excel
- Maintain multiple databases, including MS Excel, Access, Constant Contact, Little Green Light etc.
- Enter and update data, regularly
- Compile reports, as required
- Serve as back-up to receptionist, as needed
- Process incoming and outgoing mail by identifying nature of the correspondence, tracking it in database, and using available templates for responses
- Assist with asset management by collecting and auditing inventory sheets, and updating database
- Provide necessary logistical support for Board of Directors meetings as necessary
- Scan and file documents, as required
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Minimum two years of related work experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Consistent and dependable in communicating updates, and following through on tasks to successful completion
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability handle multiple priorities and to shift direction in response to changing work situations
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, and website publishing, such as WordPress
- Own personal computer and reliable internet connection for working remotely
Pay and Benefits:
- Subsidy for ORCA pass.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references by July 24, 2018 to email@example.com. NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits, please.
NAPCA is an equal opportunity employer.