Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Case Worker
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is the largest federally-funded program specifically targeting older adults seeking employment and training assistance. SCSEP is one of many programs offered through the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA), a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) as they age.
We’re seeking a dedicated part-time Case Worker to join SCSEP in our Chicago office. In this role, the Case Worker performs the day-to-day operation of the SCSEP Chicago project. Under the supervision of the Project Director, the SCSEP Case Worker will assist in determining eligibility of SCSEP applicants and participants in accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor and NAPCA guidelines, and other duties as assigned.
The Case Worker is a non-exempt, part-time position (25 hours/week).
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements and application procedures to applicants and participants.
- Interview applicants and participants to verify their eligibility of SCSEP and recertify annual eligibility.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status in accordance with the U.S. DOL and NAPCA guidelines.
- Assist in conducting orientation to participants and to improve their understanding of the program.
- Assist in assessing the need(s) and goal(s) of the SCSEP participants and their progress in meeting those goals.
- Assist the SCSEP staff in reviewing payroll data as directed and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Ensure that the Chicago SCSEP office operates in a professional manner. Promote professionalism in accordance with NAPCA Organizational Mission and Statement of Philosophy.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary and benefits:
- Pro-rated paid sick hours
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references by Friday, 6/15/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits, please.
NAPCA is an equal opportunity employer.