Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Project Coordinator
– Seattle, WA
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is the largest federally-funded program specifically targeting older adults seeking employment and training assistance. SCSEP is one of many programs offered through the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA), a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) as they age.
We’re seeking a dedicated full-time Project Coordinator to join SCSEP in our Seattle office. In this role, the Project Coordinator performs the day-to-day operation of the SCSEP Seattle project. The Project Coordinator ensures full compliance with the rules and regulations of the SCSEP program including achieving annual performance measures established by the U.S. Department of Labor. The Project Coordinator works independently and collaboratively with other members of NAPCA staff.
- Enrolls qualified applicants into the program and conducts the necessary orientation and complete the paperwork required by DOL and NAPCA.
- Coordinates in maintaining ongoing contact with 501 (c) (3) organizations and government agencies as a source to recruit applicants and host agencies.
- Conducts Individual Employment Plan (IEP) and assessment in a timely manner. Coordinates in monitoring each participant and host agency to ensure that participants’ training assignments are consistent with IEP in accordance with DOL and NAPCA guidelines.
- Ensures that job development services are provided and develops strategies to enhance participants’ preparedness and abilities to seek out job opportunities. Coordinates with public and private sectors in planning job fairs and facilitates job opportunities for participants.
- Assists in coordinating with NAPCA payroll staff to ensure that required paperwork is completed and that new and continuing participants have payroll accounts established upon enrollment. Verifies that there is proper review and approval of participants’ time and attendance reports, leave requests, training requests and any other required forms.
- Makes certain that case management and other supportive services are provided to participants for the purpose of counseling, referral, and follow-up. Coordinates services with other organizations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates in conducting regularly scheduled participant quarterly meetings, host agency meetings and individual/group training.
- Works closely with the SCSEP headquarter staff to ensure that all program goals and objectives are met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; prepares Quarterly Narrative Reports as well as other programmatic and statistical reports for timely submission to headquarters, as requested.
- Submit data collection forms to NAPCA SCSEP headquarters in a timely basis. Provides corrected participant paperwork, as necessary.
- Conducts outreach to underserved populations and areas at the direction of the Project Director.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field, or equivalent four years’ work experience in social service or workforce areas can substitute for a BA degree.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in social services, preferably with employment and training programs and/or programs focused on older adults.
- Bilingual language skills (English and Asian or Pacific Island languages) preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Valid WA driver’s license and access to reliable private transportation
- Commitment to diversity and sensitive to needs of an older populations and people of color
Salary and benefits:
$38,000 – 43,000/annually. NAPCA offers a competitive benefits package which includes generous time off, paid holidays, health, dental, life, and disability insurance plans, 401K with employer match, and tuition reimbursement.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits, please.
NAPCA is an equal opportunity employer.