The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is the largest federally-funded program specifically targeting older adults seeking employment and training assistance. SCSEP is one of many programs offered through the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA), a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) as they age.
NAPCA is seeking a dedicated Project Manager of Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in Los Angeles County, California. The Project Manager performs the day-to-day management of the SCSEP staff. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring full compliance with the rules and regulations of the SCSEP program including achieving the annual performance measures set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor. Represents NAPCA in contact with clients, community, local organizations and representatives. The Project Manager works independently and collaboratively with other members of NAPCA staff.
- Manage Senior Community Service Employment Program LA project. Has direct supervisory responsibilities for NAPCA LA SCSEP staff.
- Meet proposed yearly core performance goals and targets for NAPCA SCSEP.
- Recruit and enrolls eligible applicants in accordance with federal and NAPCA guidelines.
- Ensure job development services are provided to place SCSEP participants into unsubsidized jobs. Develops strategies to enhance participants’ preparedness and abilities to seek out job opportunities.
- Submit accurate reports and maintains records, as required.
- Oversee accuracy and timeliness of payroll submissions, training records and other administrative requirements.
- Coordinate with employers, public and private sectors service and training providers in facilitating job opportunities for participants.
- Ensure negotiated MOUs with local public workforce system to improve the delivery of services to low-income older workers.
- Ensure that case management and other supportive services are provided for the purpose of counseling, referral, and follow-up. Coordinate services with other organizations as appropriate.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with community based organizations, particularly those whose purpose is to provide services to the aging Asian American and Pacific Islander population.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in social services or related field, or equivalent four years’ work experience in social services or workforce areas can substitute for a BA degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in social services preferably with employment and training programs and/or programs focused on older adults.
- Bilingual language skills (English and Asian or Pacific Island language) preferred.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, efficient, and at ease with paperwork and reporting
- Commitment to diversity and sensitive to needs of elderly population and people of color.
- Capacity and willingness to travel.
- Must have valid CA state driver’s license and access to reliable private transportation.
Salary and benefits:
- Comparable benefit package included.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references until filled to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the subject line of email with “Program Manager: (your name).” NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits, please.
NAPCA is an equal opportunity employer.