The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is the largest federally-funded program specifically targeting older adults seeking employment and training assistance. SCSEP is one of many programs offered through the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA), a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) as they age.
NAPCA is seeking a dedicated Regional Officer of Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) to oversee NAPCA’s subcontracted SCSEP programs in IL, MA, NY, and PA. The Regional Officer directly reports to SCSEP National Director, is responsible for ensuring full compliance with the rules and regulations of the SCSEP program, including achieving the annual performance measures set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor. The Regional Officer will be trained by NAPCA and then will work independently and collaboratively with other members of NAPCA staff.
- Responsible for overall performances of subcontractors to meet the goals of Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in assigned areas (IL, MA, NY, and PA).
- Analyze subcontractors’ performance and provide feedback, guidance, and technical assistance to meet the performance goals.
- Conduct program monitoring for five subcontracted SCSEP offices to ensure compliance with DOL SCSEP rules and policy.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Works with National SCSEP Director to develop and oversee a system for consistently handling of violations.
- Complete research to resolves complaints and grievances. Coordinates with appropriate staff for resolution. Identifies and implements solutions to prevent or reduce complaints and grievances.
- Develop and provide training and technical assistance for SCSEP project staff and sub-grantees on a regular basis and during SCSEP conferences.
- Review quarterly reports from project sites in the assigned areas; prepare regular and ad hoc reports; and provide data to the headquarters’ team, as required.
- Maintain communications with NAPCA/SCSEP project sites.
- Collaborate with the National Director in preparing grant proposals.
- Represent NAPCA/SCSEP at meetings and conferences involving SCSEP grantees, workforce and/or aging issues, as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in social services or related field, or equivalent five years’ work experience in social services. Workforce areas can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in social services preferably with employment and training programs and/or programs focused on older adults.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, efficient, and at ease with paperwork and reporting
- Commitment to diversity and sensitive to needs of elderly population and people of color.
- Capacity and willingness to travel.
- Must have valid state driver’s license and access to reliable private transportation.
Salary and benefits:
- $65,000-$73,000 annually, depending upon experience
- Competitive benefits package included
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please indicate the subject line of email with “Regional Officer: (your name).” The position remains open until a candidate fills the position. NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits.
NAPCA is an equal opportunity employer.