Anonymous Reporting Form
If you or someone you know has been the victim of an anti-Asian assault, please fill out and submit the form. NAPCA cares about protecting our elders. Our collective voices will be heard.
Nominate Champions of Elders
Submit your selections for our 2021 Champions of AAPI Elders and recognize the work of individuals who exemplify our mission.
In-Home Vaccination Program
Los Angeles County residents: Get assistance in your native language to vaccinate at home.
NAPCA Employee Testifies to Expand Social Security
NAPCA employee Mrs. Prepedigma ‘Cora’ McDonnell testifies before the House Ways and Means Committee, sharing her personal story as a Social Security beneficiary.
NAPCA Mourns the Victims of the Atlanta Mass Shootings
NAPCA Launches COMPASS with Partners Nationwide
The AAPI community is experiencing inequities magnified by COVID-19. Learn how NAPCA and partners are using COMPASS to inform change.
NAPCA NEWS and In The News
Read our latest press releases and media coverage.
Help older adults live with dignity and respect
Your gift in any amount helps us in our mission to serve as the nation’s leading advocacy and service organization committed to the dignity, well-being, and quality of life of AAPIs as they age.
AAPI Underrepresentation in Research
Read what NAPCA is doing to change this and how you can help
NAPCA Research Presents: Osteoporosis Awareness in the AAPI Community
January 19, 2023 at 2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST
Please join NAPCA in this live webinar as we discuss recent research on osteoporosis affecting our Asian American community. Learn about the prevalence of this health condition in our community, the importance of data disaggregation in research, and how Medicare currently reimburses for DEXA scans, the gold standard for osteoporosis screening.
This webinar is geared for:
- Community-based organization (CBO) leaders who want to learn more about osteoporosis to share with their members;
- Clinicians and health providers who serve Asian American patients;
- Federal and state policymakers and staff; and
- Others who want to learn more about osteoporosis.
- Dr. Steven Ing, MD – Physician and Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- David L. Kim – President & CEO of the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA)
- Adam Carbullido – Director of Policy and Advocacy of the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO)
Moderated by: Dr. Mary Ann Bui, DM – Chief Research Officer at NAPCA
- Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Guide for Asian Women Aged 50 and Older (NIH)
- Bone Health & Osteoporosis Foundation
- Healthy Bones: Why They Matter for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (NIH)
- Healthy Bones Matter (NIH)
- Osteoporosis and Asian Americans (AAPCHO)
- Preventing Fractures (BHOF)
- Preventing Osteoporosis Fact Sheet (Kaiser Permanente)